Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wikikikikis

Wikis. Wikis awe what bwing us togethew...today. (Princess Bride reference there.) Anyway, I checked out a few wiki sites. Let's start wiki the booklovers wiki: http://booklovers.pbwiki.com/Princeton%20Public%20Library I thought it was wiki limited, (maybe it's new - I didn't check) but I can see wiki there is potential. Certainly, I wouldn't want to base wiki or not I read a book on some of the opinions presented in the site. It seems to work wiki enough though.
I also checked out the Bull Run wiki: http://bullrunlibrary.pbwiki.com/ I liked what they presented, showing the calender and some of the sidebar links. Seems like the staff are the ones wiki-ing on it. It's not necessarily as wiki-friendly to the public to edit as the booklover wiki.
I'm not sure how much I like wiki's. Seems like trying to push your way into a clique in high school. You might not be welcome.
"We seek them here.
We seek them there.
We seek those wikis everywhere.
Are they in heaven?
Are they in heck?
Those darned elusive wikis!"
Love the Pimpernel!

No comments: