Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Learning 2.0 ... and trying to stay sane.

So, trying to learn how to set up blogs and create Flickr accounts hasn't been too difficult for me. The real hitch for me was linking the blog incorrectly to my work's website (IE I brought a tennis ball to a basketball game) and trying to download pictures for Flickr. Flickr is the goal and I'm at the start of the track. The gun went off and...I'm running in the wrong direction. Next thing I know I'm off the track trying to get directions. I had my running shoes on but they're untied. etc. So, a half an hour of fiddling with my shoes and trying to check out other equipment, I managed to get back on track and and make it to the part of the track where it curves. IE, I've got some of the pictures downloaded and I know what to do, but I see that bend and it scares the willies out of me. My boss says it should take about 15 minutes a day. Sure, if you know what you're doing. Running a mile should only take 15 minutes (and that's being generous), but I'm out of shape and find myself having to walk most of it (that's a metaphor by the way, I can run the mile in under 15 mins.) And this stuff is the easy stuff, too. Ah well, I guess I'll do what I usually do and muck on through it.

2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

This is eggsactly how I feel. I don't wear shoes, but I showed up at the track at the right time, heard the gun go off and, quite frankly, it scared me and I laid an egg. No one seemed to notice, but in the process I got turned around and went off to Flickr in the completely wrong direction. With some help from Turkey Lurkey I got back on track and am doing fine now.

monkeygamer said...

I'm so glad to see that at least someone managed to see my blog. For the longest time there I thought I had done something wrong. :P