Saturday, August 30, 2008

All Mashed Up.

So I have attempted to explore and "play around" with mappr, montagr, flickr color pickr (totally didn't get that one), and I'm not sure if it counts, Trip Planner: http://travel.yahoo.com/trip . The closest I got to a successful experience was Trip Planner, but I ran out of time before I could really tell. I tried to use Montagr with one of my photos, but that didn't work. It just came out as dark bunch of photos that shared no resemblance to the picture I chose, and the picture I chose didn't even show up. I couldn't even begin to figure out how to use mappr. The flickr color pickr seemed like something you gave your kids to mess around with; I didn't get the point of it. I was planning on putting up a cute photo mosaic of the photo I took of the Lego Main Library (using Montagr) here...but as you can see I didn't manage to figure it out. Maybe I'll get it figured out later. Who knows.
I think I'm gonna need the K.I.S.S. version of these mashups to make any sense of 'em. I'm a step-by-step kinda gal, and all I got is a starting line and a finish line. No one told be about the 6' high hurdles.

No comments: