Thursday, July 1, 2010

I forgot what I was going to write about

It seems like this happens quite a bit. I think "Oh, that would be a great thing to blog about," but like a dream, the idea is gone in an instant.

So, lady calls in. And I tell her something, but she's not getting it. And she's going a mile a minute. And then I think the conversation is over and I get her several hours later. And she's going a mile a minute. And I'm thinking that she's going to ask me the same thing she asked before, but turns out that she GOT it! She was just asking for something else! I would say that's a WIN!

So, I found something fun and new to do. You know that link at the top of the screen labelled "Next Blog"? Yeah. That's my new form of entertainment. Just going along reading total strangers' blogs. I wonder how creeped out they'd be if I started commenting on their blogs considering that we've never met. Heck! I'd be slightly creeped out. But that's what you sign up for on blogger...sure you can privatize your blog, but that's not as exciting. Heck, I had someone make an inappropriate comment on this blog and had to delete. I couldn't imagine if I had a really popular blog and there would be hundreds of comments. And there would be that one person (one? yeah right) who says something out of the blue that is really insulting, maybe not to you, but you don't want that kind of comment on the blog. It's kinda like a stain that doesn't come out. Sure you can delete it. But it will still say the comment was made, and then people will wonder what kind of person is this person who writes in this blog and deletes all the comments that are posted? What about freedom of speech. So, by deleting someone's comments, aren't you infringing on their rights?

2 comments:

Cat Herself said...

I don't think it's infringing on their rights to delete them. It's your right to delete their comment. Also, our personal rights need to end when they start hurting the people around us. You can't go through a red light just because you feel like it's your right to go.

monkeygamer said...

Wow! People still read this thing?
HAH!
@Cat - thank for the comment! It does make sense that we do have the right to delete the comments of others, especially when they're saying nasty things, and things that have nothing to do with the post. They do have the right to say what's on their mind, and we (as recipients of what's being said or replied) have the right to disregard what they say or cling onto it. I guess it wouldn't be infringing on their rights because they said it and whomever read it before the comment was deleted or was there at the time it was said heard what the person was saying, even if ya'd rather not have heard it. Interrupting them and stopping them from saying it would probably be more of an infringement than deleting (or forgetting) the comment after it was said. I haven't really looked into the details of the freedom of speech amendment but that makes a whole lotta sense.