Saturday, July 17, 2010

I said it, and I'll say it again...and again.

Warning: This post might include minor rants.

So, when I call somewhere for some information, I do my best to listen to the information that I'm asking for. I don't do other things while I'm calling other people. Now, granted, if I'm doing something at home and someone calls me, and I'm in the middle of something, sometimes I tend to get distracted by the thing I was doing originally. My husband hates it when I do that. I really do my best, though, to give the caller my full attention.

So, why is it that I find myself repeating myself to some customers when they call?
Here's an example:

Customer: Hello, I'd like to renew my items due today.
Me: Ok, may I have your library card number.
Customer: 222 etc.
Me: Ok. One moment while I renew those. *I renew the items*
Me: Ok. I renewed the 5 videos that were due today, they are now due back July ((such'n'such date.))
Customer: So, uhhh, did you renew the stuff that was due.
Me: Yep! It's now due July ((Such'n'such date))
Customer: What day are they due?
Me: July ((Such'n'such date))
Customer: Did everything get renewed.
Me: Yes
etc...

And most likely they'll call us back again to get the due date.
Why is it so hard? *Cries* I am starting to believe in the theories that the movie Idiocracy puts forth.

No comments: